Best result2 treatments
Duration of results3-6 months
Back to workallow up to 2 days
Procedure timeup 1.30 hour
Cold sores and dermal filler
There may be a small chance that a treatment may induce an outbreak of 2 in patients with a previous history. Some patients take preventative antivirals to help reduce the risk of cold sores. If you get cold sores after a treatment, you should see your doctor.
Once you have reached your aesthetic goal, filler may need to be injected only once per year.
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (eg solarium or sauna).
- Avoid touching your face for 6 hours. After this you may clean your skin with water and use gentle cleanser.
- Avoid pressure on the treated areas for the first few nights (i.e. sleep on back of possible).
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Do not use AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C therapy or oil based make-up for 24 hours
- Avoid applying make up 6 hours post procedure.
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or energy based treatments and microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment. Please check with your physician before undergoing other facial treatments within this time.
Apply a cool compress for 10 minutes every hour on the day of treatment (do not apply ice directly on your skin). A cool compress applied regularly for the first 24 hours after injections may help to reduce the amount of swelling. Some patients use arnica before and after treatment to reduce the swelling.